Skip to Main Content Scroll to the top Icon

To view this page in English, click here.

Pour voir cette page en français, cliquez ici.


Residents of the County of Simcoe including residents of the City of Barrie and the City of Orillia can apply for Ontario Works or Temporary Care Assistance by telephone or online.

How to Apply for Ontario Works

To apply for social assistance, you can apply online or by telephone.  

Phone: Intake and Benefits Administration Unit (IBAU) at 1-888-999-1142 during operating hours 8:30am to 5:00pm.


County of Simcoe staff will complete your Ontario Works or Emergency Assistance application for you if you meet any of the following criteria:

  • An adult providing temporary care for a child who’s in financial need and is not your child
  • Ukrainian immigrant under CUAET (Canada Ukraine Authorization for Emergency Travel)
  • Under the age of 18
  • Applying for discretionary benefits including funeral applications

Phone:  County of Simcoe Integrated Service Unit at 705-722-3132 or toll free from the Beeton area 905-729-4514 and follow the auto attendant prompts.  You will be asked some basic personal information and an appointment will be scheduled for you to complete the balance of the application with a caseworker.

Telephone applications are accepted from Monday to Friday from 8:30 to 4:30 pm.  Please ensure you have a distraction free environment as the call could take up to approximately 45 minutes to complete.

The appointment may take up to 2 hours to complete.  As such, please ensure you have a distraction free environment. 

If you are not on Social Assistance and you need to apply for assistance with emergency Dental, Dentures or Eyeglasses please call 705-722-3132 extension 1109 or toll free from the Beeton area 905-729-4514, extension 1109.​